Sunday, November 7, 2010

God's will be done

I am not sure what mental picture or ideas this blog title brings up for you.


Maybe you think about the Lord's prayer...(Matthew 6:9-13)

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.



10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.





11Give us this day our daily bread.





12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.





13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

or maybe you think about Romans chapter 12

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Or you might go somewhere completely different. Here is where I want to go today.

I want to be a follower of Christ who is close to God's will. I want to be open, and following him daily so that his will in my life is just a natural byproduct of our relationship. Tall order Ms. Stewart, but the benefits...oh the benefits of this type of life are numerous and calm.


If I want to live this way it should be heard in my prayers. Often I lay out my requests and then add the tag.."and God's will be done." How much more powerful to pray for my friends and family and say " God may your will be done for (insert name)." Of course God wants to hear me and I am sure he gets a real kick out my plan for the lives of my friends....but I do need to go to him more in trust. In the life changing faith that there is such a thing as God's will and that it is massive, and comforting, and confusing, and good all at the same time!

No comments: