Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What kind of Woman do I want to be?

At 27 I am fully aware that I have arrived at womanhood. I'm no pro at it or anything, but here I am;)

There are so many labels that usually come along with being a woman; wife, mother, aunt, etc. And maybe because these don't currently describe me I still feel not completely settled into this growing from girl to woman thing.

There are not too many things that I know. However, I am coming to see what kind of woman I want to be, and that has actually been a blessing. It's been nice to have time to meditate on this topic and discuss it with God. I feel like this summer has opened itself up to a lot of self reflection, and I am thankful for that fact.

I want to be a woman who takes delight in life. Sometimes I see pictures of my mama and her smile is pure joy. She loves people, and her garden, and God, and my daddy, and life in general. I want to love more and not hold back.

I want to be a woman who is beautiful and refreshing like fresh flowers or a full moon. I want there to be something about me that reflects the natural beauty that God has created.

I want to be a woman who is welcoming and also continuing to grow. I hope that hospitality comes more and more naturally to me. I also want to stand strong and learn more and more, yet find a gentleness that is beyond my own personal attributes.

Lastly, I want to be a cooking woman. Serving good, wholesome food to friends and family. There is nothing wrong with a few modern shortcuts, but I want to cook often and well and share my food in comfort and peace.

That's all I have for now. But really that's quite enough I think:) Because even though I did not mention it, I want to be a woman who is not constantly wanting more, more, more and biting off more than she can chew.

No comments: