Saturday, November 28, 2015

This Season!

This season makes me smile. Actually, it makes me grin from ear to ear! It is a time to look around and hear and see love abounding. Love of family, love of friends, love of strangers, and love of life. This time between Thanksgiving and New Years, well to me it's the stuff that dreams are made of. A moment in time to really believe in wishes again, to have additional hope that God does hear our pleas and will bring us out of seasons of waiting.

This season makes me joyful, it makes me see each day that I am so blessed, so favored, so chosen, to live this particular life that is mine. I look around and see my precious family, and I am grateful for their support and the "village" of love and care. I see my friends and I am honored to know that these wonderful people care for me and bring laughter and light to my life.

This season, even though it comes at the end of the year, it also feels new. It is the time of cheerful and faithful music on the radio, the chiming bells of holiday giving, the promise of straight-up goodness. And that is something I can always use, just a good, old-fashioned dose of overflowing, amazing goodness!

This season can also be a time of rest. In between a busy social calendar, it is a season for snuggles and hot chocolate. A season for hoodies and blankets and endless, love inspired Christmas movies. The days get darker earlier but the sleep seems more sound. The rest seems more fulfilling as we go to bed with wonder whirling around in our minds, because lets face it, anything is possible at this time of year. Absolutely anything, if you only believe! And yes we teach that to the children, but we need to reteach it to ourselves.

This season has its own special charm. Part, over the top merriment. Part, childish delight. Part, being open to the possibility of spectacular things. 2015, it is time to start saying good-bye. So, for this next month, lets all agree to a simple mantra, "Decide to see the good, Share the good, Choose Love and then Choose to Love More." If we do that, even if just a few brave, hopeful souls can do it, we will make a vast difference in our little circles of influence and living.

No comments: