Saturday, February 13, 2016

Love, Caring, and Appreciation

I have said it before, and I will say it again, if you get upset hives at the mention of "a commercialized Valentine's Day" then stop reading now:)

For everyone else, Hi Friends! It's almost Valentine's Day 2016!! Yayyyy and Happy Dance!
For me, in my little corner of the world, it is always pretty wonderful to say, and show, love for all the people who make my life amazing. My family, my first friends in Jacksonville, my people here in Tallahassee (and those from my FSU/Roberts days), my Athens friends, and all the people who have made it a point to "be love" in my life.

It is so simple, I LOVE YOU ALL.....a whole lot! And for me, to love means that I think of you often, and our memories of life shared together; I pray for you (general and specific) and the situations that come and go in your life; I send encouraging texts, and I am still a huge fan of the phone call to check in. To me, to love, means long hugs, and laughter, and invitations to get together. If I cook or bake for you, then I love you. If I get crafty for you, then I love you too!

So, you can probably tell, I try not to hold back when it comes to love. It might sometimes lead to heartbreak or disappointments, but those I am finding, are always worth the risk. I don't think it will be a bad thing one day, when someone looks back and says, "You know, that Sabrina, she tried to be joyful, and she really did love people!".

This time in February is one, where many people enjoy the celebration of making care, love, and appreciation visible and tangible. And I am completely 100% OK with that! It makes me happy to see that though the world is constantly in flux, simple words and deeds still bring smiles to people. If there is someone that is in your heart, letting them know that you care for them, love them, and appreciate them, doing that will only make your life infinitely better. It's the kind of thing where you can't lose. You are a guaranteed winner, and how many times in life can we say that?

So, from my heart to yours, Thank You to everyone! I love you much! I care about how your life is going! I appreciate how you make my heart happy:)

Oh, and YAY for a super, awesome Galentine's weekend with my sister and lovely friends!

No comments: