Saturday, January 31, 2015

Last day of January/Start of new Patterns

Never has the end of January felt so mature.
The 31 days of January 2015 were the soil to plant seeds for this entire year.
I was purposeful....and that is some very good news.

Purposeful in what you might want to know? I will share some areas that were carefully planted in the start of this year. I can't wait to check back in throughout 2015 to see what the harvest yields.

Finances-
I am SO proud of this one, because it was and will not be easy. For a woman, who has so many things together, I have been unhappy with my financial situation for a while. Knowing you need to change, and actually making changes however are two different things. I knew though, that I did not need to go into 30 with money woes and concerns about debt. So big changes are on the way. Dave Ramsey, and maturity, and future hopes, and prayer are my supports. My taxes are filed, I am ready (on paper) for February's budget, and my mind and spirit are set on changes. My simple prayer is that God change my behavior with money.

Work-
I am accepting help along the way at work. I am digging in and working hard. I have a once a week Practicum student, who is actually a friend from my stint at UGA! Small world! I am working with a woman who is getting her Masters online, by providing experience with lesson planning etc. I finished my course to have a school counseling intern one day. A few small clouds have come across the horizon, but my kiddies are always worth it. I have been amazingly humbled by the recommendation letters written about my work. My simple prayer is that God guide me, the many Title 1 schools, my two former schools and really watch out for the state of education in my home-state.

Faith-
Growing in faith, keeping my inner spiritual light shining. Those things don't happen if you lose focus. I have made mistakes a'plenty, but I have asked for great and wide and deep forgiveness. Praise God for his love and his plan for me! Teaching the Ladies' Wednesday Bible class for 3 weeks was refreshing for my spirit. It was a time to get quiet, study, learn, listen and share. I feel lighter and more focused on "heavenly pursuits". I am meeting more and more truly wonderful people, at my church home of Meridian Woods Church of Christ. Many remind me of the love of my church home back in Jax, and also in Athens. My goal for this entire year and my constant prayer, is to love the Lord with all my heart, mind and strength. And in that comes the idea of constantly becoming a better Sabrina. The sacrifice of my Savior is worth any small changes in me, that is for sure!


30 before 30 list-
Fun, exciting, best idea ever! I love, love my 30 before 30 list. It has added experiences, goals, and vibrancy to this 29th year. I can't even tell you how much I am enjoying this list of mine. Yayyyy!

No comments: