Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Claim It!

August has started off as the month of amazing foundations being built for the future. I have kept saying to myself over and over, "Claim it!". I know I will look back one day and see even more clearly, how this month swept in some great changes in the life of a Sabrina.

In finances, I have saved, and most importantly I have a plan. It might take 3-5 years to see the ultimate fruits of my labor, but I have such a great feeling about what is to come. This is the season of planting, and the harvest will in time be a home that I can purchase. Not yet but one day.

In work, I am starting year 4 at my school. And year 4 of being back in Tallahassee. And though my very nature and personality get kinda antsy, and future focused. The mantra is to stay, and relax, and be still. I am working diligently and I do think in the future, years from now, a new thing will show itself in the form of a job opportunity. Not yet but one day.

In faith, I am praying, believing, and growing. I am not a finished product, and I actively need and ask God to help me overcome me. To show me his will and purpose for my life. It's a season where some weeds would try and creep in, but the master gardener is using Scripture, prayer, and his people to garden my spirit. I'll never arrive per say, but journeying with the Lord is the goal.

In relationships, I have had to struggle with the balance beam of putting myself out there, and reality. The conclusion is loud and clear, right now is not the time for me to be dating anyone. Gotta get my mind clear, and heart and emotions in tune. Gotta get the dreams and reality in sync. And I would not want to drag someone else into that unresolved stuff. Now I would truly enjoy some mellow companionship...a football watching, home-cooked food tasting, park walking, Christian man in my life. But maybe it's something for later. I have to have much faith, because I just don't know, and can't force or plan or schedule it. Not yet but one day.

No comments: