Sunday, August 27, 2017

In a Week

Last week was a doozy! Sad news, really hard news, then amazing news! All in one week! My little heart was all over the map last week. Whew, but I am so grateful to serve a living God. A God who is "the way, the truth and the life". I had to rely so much last week on prayer. Tears as prayer, groanings as prayer, and even questions and great praise as prayer.

I wanted to look back and just remember that God is faithful. That his ways are not our ways and his thoughts are not our thoughts. I was reminded last week that we need to cling to the Lord. And also, I was reminded to slow my mind and life down. Take it one day at a time, which I almost never do. But it's a new top priority. And in general a less stress way to live. And I can use a few lessons in less stress.

Also, last week was a reminder to return to God and thank him for answered prayers. There is a Bible story about 10 lepers. And after being healed, only 1 returned and gave thanks. Just like human nature right? That story has always resonated with me, and so in the midst of it all last week, I returned and thanked God for a special answered prayer that has spanned over the last 2ish years.

A new week is here. But most importantly, today is here and I am thankful.

No comments: