Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 a review and 2018 a preview

Happy 2018! Greetings from a very quiet and chill start to the new year. Here we are again, standing at the hopeful and glittering start of a new year, and I am so happy! I am really looking forward to these next 365 days and what they could bring.

Looking back at 2017, goodness, hmmmmm, it was quite a year! Lessons in loss and how to love and support those who grieve. I put on my counselor hat and encourager hat A LOT this year. I used my hands and continued to find the absolute joy of making and creating!! Politics and world events definitely left me feeling like we must be in the end times. I enjoyed many trips home and time with my precious family. 2017 saw me reach fitness and health goals. 2017 saw some personal hurts that forced me to turn the page and choose growth and healing (thank God above for his healing, especially of my fragile heart and feelings/emotions). I am thankful for 2017, but I do gratefully look ahead to unwrapping 2018! I am hoping it is more like a gift, beautiful and surprising.

As always, I will preview some parts of a fresh new year. 2018 here we come!

2018:
* Friends and family I know will have babies and grow their families through adoption, and begin new relationships, and get engaged, and get married ( Marriage is a good thing, a very good thing and I love to see my loved ones find their person and commit to married life.). And I will continue to pray hard for some extra special single friends, that their time for love would dawn very soon:) 
* People that I know and love will pass away or suffer through illness
I will continue to pray and ask comfort for those who lost loved ones in 2017.
* Financially, I am redoing the budget, and dedicating myself to a fantastic 2018 of paying down what I owe and saving for my dreams. These times WILL bring forth a bountiful harvest.
* Faithfully, the Scripture I am bringing into 2018 with me, and will be praying for others and myself is Galatians 6:9
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. 
YES, 2018 you are a due season year! I need you to be, and I am claiming it in boldness and faith!
*Developing roots here in Tallahassee, but also seeking growth in the arena of work.
*Allowing myself to do a little bit more dreaming, just because I want to:) 
* Relationship land, hahaha I need a map because it's that unclear;) 
* Turning 33 (to party or not to party, that is the question)
* My travel plans are still developing...who knows, and that is just fine. Though 2 weddings, a graduation, and an extra special housewarming look promising this year:) 

For 7 years I have closed the same way, and that is not going to change this year:) Love you all!
Now with all of that said I will say this.....2018 is a completely unknown entity. Sure, I know some things but they are so tiny compared to what I have no idea about. The key is to hold fast to God, have faith and grace, love my family and friends, and be the very best Sabrina Maude Stewart that I can be.....that should not be too hard ( I am kidding) it will probably take me 365 days to kind of get it right!

No comments: