Saturday, April 10, 2010

Seasons of Your Life

When you think about your life it really relates to the seasons. The Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter of life. I love Spring and its beauty. So let's start there.  I think that with my 25th birthday coming up, I can safely say that the Spring of my life is ending and that is OK. That's life. Growing and changing, changing and growing. The Spring of my life has been great. I am most excited though because I feel with God's guidance the other seasons will be even better. More focused and productive.

The summer of your life is a beautiful thing. What do I hope mine brings...festivity, journeys, and discovery! Sounds exciting right! In the summer you get to kick back but you still have responsibility. I need to be a tad concerned because this stage is coming up, and I don't know much about it. You will just have to stay tuned I guess;)

The fall of life reminds me of one word...stability. Permanent address, home with a fence and pets. That type of thing. That is the distant future. What will that point look like for me? I know a lot of people in the Fall of their life. Many from my school, and I don't envy that. Not yet. Fall is my second favorite season in real life and there are things about the Fall of life that I think I will LOVE because they match my personality. My parents will celebrate 30 blessed years together soon, they exemplify Fall to me.
Winter rounds out this time of seasons. Again I know a lot of people in the Winter of their life. It is not easy. You have to give it to God even more because the Winter brings uncontrollable changes. Health, Wealth, everything begins to jiggle around a bit. I can't even begin to think of the cultural changes that those in the Winter of their lives have seen. I have a great aunt who is 96! What have her eyes seen? It's an interesting thing to think about. In the end, just like in the Spring of life, we need others help and support the most in the Winter.

This cycle of life is unique. Enjoy the ride, you don't want to wake up one day and see that you are in a new season and have no idea how you even got there! Live each day to the fullest and in the end your "year" of living could be quite a beautiful thing!

No comments: