Sunday, December 29, 2013

Words of Thanks for my Friends

What a question to ask. Our friends, how important are they?
What a question to try and answer. Our friends, how important are they?

Here is where my heart and mind are currently.
*Oh, and I'm not talking about casual acquaintances. They are their own group. I mean, true and abiding friendships. The ones who seem to have seen it all, and yet the friendship gets stronger and better.*

I am thankful every single day for the friends that are in my life. According to www.thesaurus.com there are 28 synonyms for the word friend. Here are my favorites.
well-wihser
sidekick
ally
confidant
I could not "do life" without my friends. I see more and more that their differences and life experiences add depth to my life. They give me reminders and inspire me to always reach for more. They have known me, and I have let them in, and all of the best ones have always treated me in ways that go beyond kindness.

Between the wedding and this holiday season (Thanksgiving-New Years) I have gotten to spend time in some way, with my friends. It might have been phone calls, or visits, cards, or sharing meals. It has also been time in prayer, and time singing, time celebrating, and time remembering. And through all of this, I have been restored by these amazing and wonderful people.

I do not say this to brag, but I have tried to invest in my friends. I have tried to be the friend that I want to have. And it has gone beyond me, and I have friends that I could never have asked for, and that I don't deserve. But, I see them and hear from them and I can't even express to them how much I am thankful for them. I know it to be true, that I need my friends in my life.

Lately, dear friends have been there to fill in and check in during this time of transition. They have seen this season of life and all of its changes. And they have let me talk, and question. They have been solid. And I guess that is the best way to describe it. My life is filled with solid, faithful friends. And I didn't want to begin a new year without writing what is in my heart. And that is profound gratefulness for the love, understanding and kindness that literally has been poured on me. It's so very good, and I am so very happy to share life with you all. To end, I will share a prayer/blessing from Numbers 6:24-26, that I would send out to all of these treasured friends.

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”’

No comments: