Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Baxter!

I cannot let this day pass by without letting the world (or those who will read this) know that today is the
2 year transplant anniversary for Melanie's kidney aka Baxter!!!!!!

Goodness the 2 years have flown. When I think that Melanie is now an FSU Masters graduate and in such good health it floors me. It is one of those things that is just so good, gigantic, and all encompassing that you KNOW it is God.

Her path has not been easy, in fact at times it was the saddest thing I had ever known. But I can say at least for me that the growth that came from that tough soil was amazing. My heart is different, our lives are transformed.

Here's a toast to you little sister. I know that you are waiting on a job and I know that in time it will all work out, but tonight let's just take a minute to look back at a journey that tore some things down but also allowed some much better things to grow in its place. Happy Kidney Anniversary!!! (add in a big hug too!)

No comments: