Sunday, March 3, 2013

He answered: Friends at Work

Maybe you have gone through difficult times at some point in your life. If you are like me, a woman in her 20's then I am 100% sure that you have. These times look and feel different for all people, which is what makes this life feel so much like a journey and adventure.

When we are struggling, it can, if we are not mindful, taint much of our perspective. Work might be difficult, and at the same time I might start seeing greater frustrations with my finances, for example.
Or you might have been hurt by a friend, and then feel like your spouse has also been particularly unsupportive.

In my own personal trials a few months back, at the same time that I was exhausted from work, I looked around my city and became so sad about what I called "lack of friends at work". I was internally complaining, that as a newbie at my school, I just didn't have anyone who knew me or really cared about the Sabrina who existed outside of work. Looking back, oh how ridiculous that was! But, it's honestly how I felt. And I talked to God about it. I didn't shield my hurts from him.
And a few months later, I can boldly say that he answered.

He has provided for me in marvelous ways. And this is me saying that I am so very grateful! I went to God with my need, and even though some of it was based in pure selfishness, he still cared and provided. I know because in the last few weeks, I have been made aware again and again of the good people who I work with. They are blessing to me daily. I have laughed with my work buddies. I have been shown love by my colleagues. I have opened my life to others and let them share their lives with me (including the tough stuff that really defines a true friendship).

The following Bible verses from my morning devotional have been particularly inspiring this week. I wanted to share them with you, because to me they are like hidden gems, and those are always worth sharing! 

Habakkuk 3: 17-19
17 Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights.

No comments: