Saturday, January 11, 2014

Prayer Works Wonders

I would be remiss if I didn't just take time and thank God for abundant answered prayers.
He has answered in my life, and he has been faithful in the life of my family and friends. Looking back I see the answers being delivered all of the time. I am so glad I serve a God who cares. And I am so glad I serve a God who will not be ordered around, just because I say I want things now or soon. For, we do oftentimes find the answer in the waiting. If we don't lose heart.

It is staggering and completely humbling, to see and know that God answered. It is always in his time, but he is so good. And I try and remember to be thankful. But I fall short often. I know that I have said some desperate prayers, prayers coming from a weary and tired place. Prayers for relief and an end to times of waiting. And I am assured again and again the he hears me. He hears his people and he is working.

The trick is that the answer is not always, quick to come. Life wants us to see God and prayer as magical. You want something, and it materializes. But, God is so far beyond all of those ideas. He is on a different plain, seeing the entire world. Seeing his will stretched from the start of time. And still, in all of that, he hears us and blesses us over and over and over again. It literally leaves me in happy awe so many times.

At the start of this year, it is babies that keep on reminding me of a faithful and loving God.
My home wall organizer, is bursting with holiday cards from happy families who are celebrating new babies. And it is so precious and exciting! New families are abounding, and it is exciting to see life where there was none. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

*And this time of celebration reminds me again to pray for those that wait. Oh, I pray for the answers that are coming. God in heaven, be with us and for us.*

No comments: