Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thanksgiving

The most delicious holiday around is almost here. And let me tell you, Food Network is rolling out the big guns to inspire every cook in America. Each time I turn to my fav. channel they are cooking up something new and yummy. Need a recipe idea for your Thanksgiving menu....well just click here....and you can thank me later:)

In the spirit of the season I wanted to make an Acrostic poem like I used to do with my 3rd graders.

This THANKSGIVING I am thankful for/that

Time to see my family and friends who I LOVE so much

Holiday time where I can escape from grad. school for a while

A road trip with my sister ( praying safe travels for all the turkey days commuters)

No plans to go Black Friday shopping (biggie for me!)

Kurling up in my bed in my childhood bedroom (spelling error permitted for the sake of creativity;)

Smiles and laughs with those who I love the most (I'm planning on seeing all of my best friends during this trip)

God's compassion and grace

I have an amazing family to lean on (both those bonded by blood and those bonded by faith)

Victory for my Noles (now this is just a wishful prediction)

I can coast out to Fernandina Beach and get these feet in the sand and waves

No regulations on my sugar intake for a few days (well maybe.....)

Going back to Roberts Elementary (best job of my life so far, on so many levels)

No comments: