Sunday, July 18, 2010

I adore this Song!

This morning during communion we sang and focused on the beautiful song How Deep the Father's Love For Us. It almost had me in tears. Anyway, here are the amazing lyrics. You can hear it on Youtube if you are interested!

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure


That He would give His only Son


To make a wretch His treasure


How great the pain of searing loss


The Father turns His face away


As wounds which mar the chosen One


Bring many sons to glory


Behold the Man upon a cross


My guilt upon His shoulders


Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice


Call out among the scoffers


It was my sin that held Him there


Until it was accomplished


His dying breath has brought me life


I know that it is finished


I will not boast in anything


No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom


But I will boast in Jesus Christ


His death and resurrection


Why should I gain from His reward?


I cannot give an answer


But this I know with all my heart


His wounds have paid my ransom

No comments: