Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It feels like HOME to me

The title of this post is part of the pretty chorus of a song by Chantal Kreviazuk. My homes are a blessing, that's right, homes. Jacksonville is my primary home but Tallahassee is a close second. When people in Georgia ask me where I am from, I tell some people Jacksonville, and some Tallahassee. And that is how I feel. I spent 18 years in one and 7 years in the other. Both places have changed my life.

The thing about home is that if you leave it in a good way, you can always come back. Every time I get back to Jacksonville I start running errands and catching up with people as if I had just been gone for a week. I LOVE that. I love my childhood bedroom, church family, and more. My home is a reflection of me. It is good to sit and think of the memories that surround me when I am home. It is not just by random luck that my home is a source of stability. It is that way because of love, sacrifice, prayer, and dedication.

Now, I am back in Tallahassee and already I have seen great friends. Tomorrow I am going out to my old stomping grounds (Roberts). Swimming with friends and all sorts of mini reunions are in my plans. YAY for summer and for being home:)

No comments: