Friday, October 22, 2010

Walking in a Reading Wonderland Part 2

I'm back, just like I promised. I have another book for you today and I personally love it (actually I love them!). If you did not know, my all time, over the top, favorite book ever is Pride and Prejudice. I sometimes even think about naming my fictional future daughter Elizabeth.

Anyways, for the P&P lover my choice today is a retelling of this timeless classic that gives more insight into the mind and life of Mr. Darcy. This trilogy by Pamela Aidan is called the Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman Series. It's a trilogy and really you can read book 1 and 3 without missing anything from book 2.

I love both Book 1- An Assembly such as This

AND
Book 3- These Three Remain                                                                                                         
        
These books have the ring of Jane Austen that I just love but give some of the details that the orginal just did not cover. In a land of about a million P&P rewrites these two books stand out from the crowd and are worth the time and money:)

No comments: