Monday, January 24, 2011

Retreat Part 2

My weekend was soooo many things.
It was
needed
hard
hilarious
strength
illuminating
tearful and cheerful

Being on a retreat with my cohort (who I love and am inspired by!) and my professors (who I respect and am inspired by!) was in some ways surreal. We were able to bond and heal in ways that just would not have been possible if not for that set apart time, in that set apart place.

I was reminded of my strength. I was reminded that I am TOO hard on myself. I was reminded that people are struggling all around me and I need to care about that. I was reminded that God truly brought me to this place in my life for a reason. I learned that life is hard and people can be just destructive to others....yet we have resilience and love and coping skills that we are not even aware of.

I am too thankful for words for my precious and unique life. Sabrina is really a good person, she is growing and maturing and having to let things go each and everyday. But all of that is natural, it is a part of the process and I am learning that trusting the process brings joy. That being in the moments is what it is all about.

May I remember to support my cohort. May I open myself to more love in my life and more learning. May I grow in grace and always remember that my health is a blessing.

On a random note- The bonding over 90's pop music, the laughter over Taboo, the joy of being with friends was priceless.

No comments: