Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vacation

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking."
Earl Wilson


What makes a memorable vacation? I guess that really depends on the person. I can share what works for me of course because this is my blog;)

Three parts location- To me the place is all so important. I have a hard time with the idea of a "staycation". I do enjoy going away. A new setting, an exciting location, a perfect place.

Two parts luxury- I can admit that I like fine travel experiences. Camping is not for me. Going into nature is fine but I want to shower and sleep in a hotel! I appreciate beauty and adding luxurious touches here and there all along the way. A fresh island drink on the shores of a beach in Puerto Rico. Check. Strolling the streets of Venice. Check. The magnificent view of the Nevada mountains from our room at the Wynn. Check.

Two parts travel companions- I am at the point in life where I can vacation alone or with people. I am past the stage of going on trips with a ton of people. To me vacations get too hectic with large groups. Unless by some stroke of luck there are matching personality types involved. Who you travel with has a large influence on what type of vacation you will have.

With all this in mind I am looking forward to my trip to Boston and Martha's Vineyard with Melanie to see Kristin in her home state:) Smaller getaways to South Carolina and Atlanta are also coming up this summer.
My dreams have me vacationing in Greece. I also think a family vacation to California and then on to Hawaii would be blissful.

No comments: