Saturday, March 17, 2012

Believe in Yourself

About 3 times a year I look on You Tube and rewatch this clip from Susan Boyle.

I can't explain it, but it always gets me right there....you know, right there at the place where I need to see a little something that is not what it appears.

In this life we are not looking for surprises, or miracles. Now a days if you can't show it to someone or have a picture of it happening, well most people just are not that interested.

But sometimes I need a little extra dose of belief in myself. One of the best gifts that we can give. Sometimes I go nice and quietly into the little box society has "given" me. And sometimes I just need a reminder that I too am much more than I may seem. We all are. Everyone has hidden depths and inner strength that does not come to light very often.Our creativity and imagination are pushed aside for profit and normality. And after a while we need someone, like Susan Boyle for instance, to remind us, to shake us up a little and say...."Sabrina, girl don't forget how amazing you are! Remember what you excel at, go out there and shine. Believe in yourself!" Just writing this I felt my empowerment rise and I like that feeling.

*I'm back from a fantastic Disney vacation! More details and photos to come.*

No comments: