Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Do Nothing

                                                                Yep, The first 2 lines are me

As hard as I try, I have this way of charging in. Getting involved/taking over.
Planning, re-planning and fact checking. List making, phone calling and project tackling.
The list could go on and on and on.
BUT there is something I realized today.

If I ever am to fall in love one day, I am going to have to cut back on this autopilot reflex.
In fact, I really think I am going to have to do nothing. I am going to have to understand that when it's right....you don't have to plan it to death. It's a man we are talking about, not an event, like a triple baby shower (yeah I am planning one of those at the moment;)

I'm not saying that I am aware currently, of any possible/perspective friends that would turn into boyfriends. But this simple little nugget would be a departure from my regular way of functioning. Melanie has often (in a more real-talk, sisterly way) told me this same truth. I have gotten the exasperated "Sabrina!!!" more times than I will admit. I think she fears for my spinsterdom hahaha! Especially now that she is in a serious relationship herself. I think the cosmos can only handle one Stewart sister being in a real relationship at a time;) I shall strive to keep the blog updated if there ever becomes any news to report. You might have to help me stick to this idea of doing nothing. Because it feels like in my life I draw a line between do nothing and do everything. Guess which side I almost always end up on? Ding Ding.....maybe a change is gonna come!

No comments: