Thursday, April 26, 2012

26 was....

My birthday is on Saturday and I will be 27! It's exciting:) I like thinking back over the year to what it was.

26 was...
busy. Between many commitments, work, etc. I stayed VERY busy and on the go during my 26th year. I look forward to recharging this summer because 26 has been days stacked upon days of things to do.

26 was...
challenging. On a personal level I have had to grow up more this year. Life gave me some situations and I could not just contentedly float along. I had to make decisions, and expand my strong opinions. In the end it was all for good. But I can't say that 26 was simple.

26 was...
up and down. There have been some moments where I have laughed until I cried. There have been still moments of pain as I shared burdens with people I love dearly. There have been some disappointments as I realized life can be lonely. Then there has been great joy in new-found groups and friends. So up and down and up and down the year has gone.

26 was...
wishful/hopeful. I let myself dream this year. And I wished and hoped and prayed for many things. I relaxed more in some ways and took time for bright dreams and wishes for some delightful things.

26 was
future focused. I have given a lot of thought to this season of life that begins on my graduation day. For a whole year it seems like I have thought about the future and what lies ahead. In the end I learned in order to truly live a faithful life you have to let go. Let go of places, people, and pre-conceived ideas in order to really get a look at your core. And then not be scared of what you find there, but instead embrace some things and wave some things good-bye.

If you were wondering. Here is what I wrote last year as I left 25 to head to 26.

No comments: