Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Never Enough

If I sat down and wrote for days on end. If I called each and every special person to me. If I prayed specifically for each of you.

Even if I did all of these things, there would never be enough words or deep enough emotions to express how much your encouragement has meant to me over the last 2 years. And Yes I mean YOU. I doubt you take time to read my little blog unless you know me in some aspect. So whether you recognize it or not, you have been an integral part of this journey. And boy has it been a journey!

This I can say for sure. Leaving Tallahassee, and leaving Florida was not easy but it was necessary. I found so much joy in teaching, but I have discovered my true purpose in counseling. And I could not have done that without you all.

It might seem overused, but my spin on an old saying is that, "It takes a village to get a Sabrina through graduate school!" On my best days and my worst days God always provided me with someone. Someone to
care
listen
cry with
pray with
walk with
reason with
love
support
remind
and encourage me.

And it would be horrible if I did not take some time and THANK YOU all, for all that you have done. True caring is displayed by action. When we love and appreciate each other then we are not afraid to join in their life with them, even if only for a while.

I have been so many emotions during this experience up here at UGA. But I was never unsure. Yeah, I have had crystal clear moments where I have missed teaching like a physical pain. But I have never wanted to toss in the towel. Your support and positive, thoughtful, Godly, thoughts and actions helped me know without a doubt that this counseling thing was a good fit:)

I graduate on Friday! I am so excited I can't stand it. And I am also scared. And that is the amazing thing about this time here. I am more connected to myself than ever before. I can admit my triumphs and struggles more easily and that is a freeing experience.

Because I could go on and on, I think I better stop right here. Thank you for every single last thing that you have thought, done, or said to encourage me. I was born into an amazing family, baptized into a life-changing family, and have been blessed beyond measure by friendships that continue to inspire me.Thank You.


1 comment:

Annie said...

HAPPY GRADUATION, SABRINA! I cannot believe how the time has flown... what a huge accomplishment! I can't wait to hear all about it. No need to worry what's around the next corner or behind the next door... Instead, just enjoy every moment of this very big deal! :) Love you!