Tuesday, June 19, 2012

An Update from Yesterday

Yesterday morning I was feeling especially glum about the whole job thing (see here). It's a roller-coaster I tell you, this waiting and anticipating thing.

Thankfully just one day later I am feeling much more content with my circumstances. Why?
I made plans to go see my sister this weekend.
I talked to my mama and her old-fashioned, Godly wisdom reminded me to chill out and be thankful.
I checked out some DVD's from the public library, since my collection is packed away.
I went for a refreshing walk and listened to some Zumba tunes.
I talked to one of my best friends who reminded me that there is a silver lining to the cloud I was under.
I got out of this little, cramped apartment that is currently filled with boxes and let the sun shine over me for a while.
And then late last night my mama called me and said a wonderful prayer for me. It encouraged me to no end, and reminded me that I need to be finding ways to serve others during this rough patch.

I'm glad today is Tuesday and I have another chance, with God's guidance, to work this out. I'm waiting for something good, and that brings peace and hope.
OH, and this morning I read this article from USA Today and realized that I am not really alone. I just felt that way yesterday.


No comments: