Monday, July 16, 2012

All Smiles

Oh how quickly good news can brighten my day. I got the job!!!
It is an answered prayer and the thing that had been on my mind since about last November.
I will be staying in Athens....crazy, yet just right. I will be working at an elementary school which is my passion! My official title will be School Counselor.....YAY!!!

Even as I was saying a thankful prayer, that was more like a chant, I did not want to forget ALL of the unemployed or unhappily employed people out there. I know, the disappointment and waiting can make you feel crazy at times, but there are jobs out there. But, sometimes you do have to re-evaluate your plan. Sometimes you have to throw stubbornness aside and trample it underfoot when it tries to gain a hold in your spirit again. Sometimes you have to cry and fret and wonder what are you supposed to do with your life? Sometimes you have to rely on friends and family and share your weakness and be open to the encouragement of good people. And all the time you have to wait. That is the lesson I learned. Everyone at some point has to wait for what they want....at least if they want it to be a good thing. And not just a selfish mess of hurried, flurried unrealistic hopes. Because often times it's the timing that is the issue. Not the goal or the dream itself....so don't give up! Just wait for the right time. It's coming.

Tonight as I lay my head on my pillow, I am all smiles! But the blessing is that even before the official news I had found my smile again. Even if this job had not worked out, I have faith that the right one would have. I had been through my own personal crisis and emerged on the other side. A little more mature, a LOT more humble, and a little more satisfied with the uncertainties that make up the life of a Florida turned Georgia girl who loves to teach, read, cook, and learn.

Considering I started this blog at the start of my grad school journey with good news. It feels fantastic to start a new segment with more good news. Life surely does come full circle:) Goodnight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew you could do it! Congrats! What a wonderful example of leaning on God through our peaks and valleys.