Tuesday, July 10, 2012

For the Love of Friends

                                                                         (from here)
A general life lesson is that we often forget how important something is until we need it.
We come to depend on things and in the lull of safety and satisfaction we can easily overlook blessings that are right in front of us.

Sometimes that happens with our friends. Sometimes these precious people, who are almost as close as family (and those who are just like family) don't get appreciated enough.

I remembered in this past week that I am so blessed with a number of great friends. And I am thankful for each and every one of them.

I made an across town move last week. And my friends have been SO helpful and gracious and kind! The offers to assist me have been heartfelt and just what I needed. My simple thanks does not seem like enough, but it is all I have currently as I am not working in July.

Friends, helped pack, clean, organize, and unpack. Friends have called me and discussed the move, reminded me to take a deep breath, and also reminded me that there are bigger things than a lost flashdrive (I almost had a panic attack!). Friends have made me laugh loudly, friends have helped me direct my prayers outwards, friends have humbled me with their thoughtfulness.

I guess the best tribute to these wonderful friends is to imitate them in their helpfulness. When I see ways to help, I need to get moving. When I get asked to serve, I need to say yes. When both small and big things happen and my friends need me, I need to gladly  put aside myself for a while and go enjoy being of service to my friends!

For all who helped me...Thank You!

No comments: