Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11th & 12th

November 11th
The wars of past and present, all have some sort of effect on our families. Fathers, sons, daughters, so many that we love, have sacrificed their lives for the United States.
I am thankful today for the brave courage of my cousin Julian Woods. His memories are full of his grin, and that tall and lanky walk. I smile when I think about what I would tell him about my life. I smile, because he would be proud of his little cousin.
It is tragic for those left behind when loss comes to our families. But, for me, I know my cousin died as a hero. Trying to save a life, and as the Bible says in John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this; than to lay down one's life for his friends." I could not express it any better.

November 12th
I sat across from my bosses today. And I was laughing SO hard my stomach was hurting, and I probably snorted at least once. And it came to me yet again, that I work for some amazing people. I would not do some of this work, without these two as my support and sounding board. And it was kind of bittersweet, because I don't see my future staying in this place and working with them.

I am grateful and humbled that my bosses trust me so much. They have given me limitless chances and opportunities to grow and shine as a school counselor. They have always been there for me. And they have in fact spoiled me I am quite sure. I can be silly and serious with them. One challenges me in my faith, and the other challenges me to chill out and be less rigid. I love our "team" and I am better for knowing them both.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

awesome post, Sabrina!