Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Room Additions

Keeping up with the Spring cleaning theme, today I want to think about adding a room or two, to the house of Sabrina. At 25 I can readily admit that I am growing up. Looking at the big picture I am more knowledgeable, caring, and calm than I was before. Whew....that is a good thing! I definitely don't want to regress.

However as I figure out this woman/girl thing I am thinking I need to add some rooms to my life. All of the things I want to be and God has planned for me are just not going to fit into my old house. There are many things that I need and want to keep in my life. There are a few things I want to throw out but really there are more things that need to be reupholstered.

 I want to grow, be different in a good way. I need more space for that. Part of this whole cleaning thing is that I am feeling the natural growing pains of life and I need to spread out my "stuff". I need a few more rooms for the following:
love for others and service
true implementation of the fruits of the Spirit
advocacy for those whose voices have been stolen
professional growth as a counselor
support for my family
financial responsibility
the journey of being a 25 year old single woman.....who wants to plant roots and settle someday.

Verse of Note: I Timothy 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all."
Song of Note: Beautiful Things by Gungor

No comments: