Saturday, January 21, 2012

A little Courage

I have a sweet and wonderful best friend. We met at FSU, and I truly believe God bought us together to be friends. And I am so thankful for that!

Why do I mention my friend? Well this week....well technically in the next 11 days she needs some courage. And really I could say "Don't we all".

But in particular this friend has some questions, and now is the time for some answers. But it takes courage to ask....and courage is like a fleeting bird sometimes.

A little courage can sometimes be a tall order. Websters says that courage is "mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty". In this case, my friend has some fears to face....not danger. Thank Goodness. In Hebrew, courage means "to show oneself strong". I really like the sound of that. The Bible mentions courage 74 times! Pretty cool. 


I think that courage will come when we ask for it in faith. I believe in my friend and know that sooner or later her courage will be rewarded. It is never easy to step outside of our comfort zone. But there is a whole life to be lived out there.....beyond the limits that we place on ourselves.


My friend have courage. My friend be bold. It's all for a good purpose....so there really is no reason to fear.
And if for some reason something bad happens or you receive news that is not encouraging...well I will make a friendship pledge to support you through a towering Ghirardelli ice cream concoction the next time I am in your town;) Why? Because I love you that much....and ice cream shared among friends minimizes troubles!

No comments: