Saturday, December 29, 2012

Food & Friends- 2013


“You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients.” 
― Julia Child


For 2013 I want to keep on sending out cards of encouragement. But, I also want to add a monthly event to my calendar. And since I know myself, if I want to have any chance of actually being consistent, it needs to be something that I enjoy.

So, each month of 2013 I want to have at least one guest in my home and share a meal.
I'm loving this idea! First, because it is a blissful combination of the things I love...cooking and relationships.

I have grown up getting to know people by eating with them. I hope that this never changes.
And now, with my own place and plenty of space I want to welcome the joy and fun that comes with having people over and eating.

It's pretty simple.
I will cook up some of my old favorites...I don't want to experiment too much and have the meal turn out wrong.
I will invite friends and maybe even a co-worker or two over to eat and share memories with me. I will try and invite the obvious people, and maybe a few newbies as well.
I will be present in the moments and enjoy these times and the blessings that overflow!

“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” 
― Jane AustenNorthanger Abbey

No comments: