Friday, June 3, 2011

Teach&Read&Cook&Learn

Being an elementary teacher, I was well aware and used to the good ol' food pyramid.

Well move over pyramid.....the USDA is introducing the food plate and I for one think it is a fantastic upgrade!

You can see and read more about it here.

Here's to a summer of healthy eating. With the fruits and vegetables that thrive naturally in this season. I am kind of getting onto the bandwagon on eating seasonally which also means trying to eat locally. Baby steps mind you.....but at least I want to be more aware of where my food is coming from and what season it "naturally" grows. Example, not many peaches are in top shape in December. How did I even get this idea in my head you may wonder.....this great book called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I would recommended you check it out!
                                                      http://www.kingsolver.com/books/

No comments: