Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 10th

As I type this I'm smiling thinking of my first text of the morning.
MS- radio Christmas music has started!!!!
SS- Yayyyy!

How can I not be thankful for a sister who appreciates so many of the things that make me happy.
My bond with my sister is wonderful. I am thankful to have her in my life for about a million reasons.
Here are 10 of them.

1. She is fashionable and makes me care a little (a lot) more about how I look from head to toe (on certain days).
2. She is compassionate and works to right many of societies wrongs against our aging population.
3. She is funny, and hilarious, and silly, and goofy, and sometimes just a little nuts.
4. She has struggled and triumphed and is the best example of perseverance.
5. She is open to trying new things, and letting people get close. I many times am not, and she scolds me often;)
6. We have a network of connected friends and that is awesome.
7. Knowing her and myself, I get to understand a whole new depth to how family works.
8. She is spirited. Passionate about the things that matter yet also willing to be flexible.
9. She has always let me take care of her. Less now than in our past. The nurturing part of me, got its start by being a big sister to her.
10. She is our "free-spirit hippie".

No comments: