Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 29

Tonight I am thankful for the passage of time. Are you like me? Have you learned yet that God is faithful?
This time last year I had no idea about my future. All I knew was that I was going to take myself to a UGA holiday concert (fabulous by the way!!).

Fast forward to just one year later. One little year! And I am living a life that I had no real idea about 365 days ago.
If you had asked me at that concert, last year, I would have said that I would be living in Metro Atlanta or somewhere in Florida. And yet, somehow, here I am, still in Athens. I cannot explain it. It has been good for me however.

Last year I was faithful. But now I have been tested.
Last year I was VERY concerned about my will. But now I have learned to be humble.
Last year I kept myself too busy. And now, I enjoy peaceful moments or meditation and prayerful reflections.
Last year I was stressed, because I still thought I was in charge. And it was taking a toll on my health. But now, I am healthier and I am taking it one day at a time. Because that is just about all that I can handle. And I have lived and learned to be OK with that fact.
Last year I was blind to the realities of this place that I call home. This year...oh, this year. My eyes and mind and spirit have been blasted awake to the true realities of some of the people and children in this city. And no matter what happens in the next 365 days, I won't be able to go back to being so very naive. Once you have been broken (even if it is for a good purpose), if you do it right, the new you; that new you is stronger, brighter, better. But there are some fundamentals that will always be different.

This evening I am thankful for the passage of time. What will November 2013 hold? I will just have to wait and see. And the new me, she is growing to be very content in that fact.

No comments: