Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7th

I'm thankful today for singing. Don't equate that with the assumption that I sing good. But I do sing with spirit and a pretty uncanny memory for lyrics;)

I enjoy letting my wobbling tones echo in the shower, out the car window, or in my office after school. I enjoy the beauty of voices united in song at church. There is a special beauty associated with singing. Especially when you really feel the words. Like singing "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" soon after receiving a much wanted job offer. Or singing "You can't Always get what you Want" while drumming on the steering wheel after an angry melt-down over the unfairness of life.

And with this holiday season sweeping in, I'm about to wear our my voice joyfully singing about this hopeful and happy time of the year!

No comments: