Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 11th

Today I am thankful for hope. Yes, I am thankful for a thing that is not scientifically measurable.
But it is real and powerful and I have seen it change things.

Merriam-Webster defines hope as to expect with confidence.

It is not easy to choose hope. You might get odd looks, or openly mocking comments. In fact there are situations in life that seem to want to crush our hope. But somehow it prevails. It does not give up.

 I think that we should keep hoping. Because there is a strength in hope. And a sort of elevating power. The rest of the world might see the gloom and despair. But I am going to try my best to have hope for better. A new day and a new chance and a powerful God who cares.

As I was writing some cards, I found this verse in Scripture and I enjoyed it so much that I started including it in the cards. Psalm 71:14 But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more.

During this beautiful season, may I cling to hope and its shining light that transforms situations and people!

No comments: